Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Clap4Dream

On 22nd of February we went to the Clap4Dream event for Ultrabook.
It took place at the shrine grounds near Kumamoto castle.
























There were computers with microphones lined up on both sides of the courtyard. The laptops would produce graphics when you clapped. Behind the laptop set there were bamboo light installations. They would light up too.

































Because it was a sponsored event, there were lots of cameras. And they also had the local mascot Kumamon entertain the crowd. I have to say, this was the first time I thought he was cute. Granted, the bear didn't have his usual creepy eyes. But his dancing was pretty awesome.




















The main event was a video projection mapping onto the wall of a shrine building. In front of it there were more bamboo light fixtures. People would step onto a small stage and when they clapped or made big movements the bamboo fixtures would light up and the graphics projected onto the wall would produce more things, like butterflies or hearts.

Because I'm rather short in stature, even in Japan, I couldn't take many photos, nor could I even see well. But when it was my turn to clap, Kumamon got on the stage too! I was blinded by the lights a bit and had no idea if I should get off the stage, but it was kind of fun watching him do his thing.



"Маша и Медведь"




















After the clapping thing the music started playing and it turned into a disco with laser lights, a dj and the constantly changing graphics on the building. I would say that they should definitely host open air discos in the spring. It was so much fun, except that most Japanese people don't dance much. So I may have come off as a weird foreigner once again.


We had loads of fun. Hope there are more events like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment