Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Japanese lessons, missing keys, and trams

Today was my first Japanese lesson at the YMCA. It started with Shiv taking the only key from the flat with him.

Had to wait ages at the tram-stop. I think it came after around 25 minutes. Thankfully, I went out early so I had some time to spare. One of the shops had furry bras...

At the YMCA they talked Japanese at me a bit. 'Something wrong with the form, and could we have some identification, and here's your stuff'. Then, the lady took me to the wrong room. And then - the right room. Our room, it seems, is 403.

We had some name-tags that we didn't use. Instead, the lady teacher wrote out our names on big pieces of paper. After some introductions we learned some greetings and other common phrases. For the most part we reviewed/studied hiragana with some words at the end of the lesson. Got lots of homework. Nothing difficult though.

It was also my first time braving the public transport alone. I'm still not quite sure where to drop the money. Hopefully, I did everything correctly.

Because Shiv took the key I had to drag myself to the university (with a chocolate bun along the way. It wasn't that tasty, and left me super thirsty). Shiv got me a strange drink, which tasted of grapefruit. It was called 'aqua'-something, and apparently, it's a sport's drink (really?). We ate lots at the university cafe/restaurant; sadly, it was late, and the food wasn't hot anymore.

It's getting kind of cool in the evenings nowadays. Much better, but during the day it's still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment