Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Skipping

Even though I said I'd try and update every week, I skipped 2 of them already. Why? Well, last weekend and part of this week was spent franticly getting the presentation ready for my Wednesday class. The week before that was my birthday. So I was super distracted from doing anything else.

So, my Birthday. It was great really. In the morning we cleaned the house some and did the washing - very un-birthday-like. Then we went shopping to Hikari no Mori (光の森) - a shopping mall about 30 minutes away y train. We bought a ton of things, and there was this weird thing near one of the elevators.

It's seriously huge!

When we were inside, it started raining. So when we were leaving to go to the station, the rain was in full swing. Not so bad, since I had a ton of shopping bags to protect my precious locks.

In the evening we went to a French restaurant. The same one we went to last August when I was leaving to go back to Latvia. Or was that the August before last. I can't remember. My passport, however, claims it's been 2 years already. Even more surprising was that the waiter remembered us. I suppose, foreigners rarely come there, since it's quite expensive and totally in Japanese.


It was delicious. And I really like the atmosphere of the place. They also bring out a huge number of cutlery. I am always a bit nervous that I might use the wrong one. But it usually turns out fine.
I had a really lovely birthday thanks to my wonderful boyfriend.

Now, during the past weekend I was rushing to write the presentation. I tell you, my hands were hurting a lot by the end of Tuesday. On Saturday Shiv went on a night hike from Aso back to Kumamoto. So he got back Sunday morning. His feet were in a right state.

I have to admit that because there was no one to scold me for procrastinating on the presentation, that is what took up most of Saturday. I also skipped out of helping to set up screens in the Hall for students to pin their work on Tuesday. But I did finish the presentation on time, and it went rather smoothly.
Also, Tanaka sensei taught me how to print papers double-side and in sets. I shall have to try that later by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment