Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

なつやすみ

Aah, it's been such a busy couple of weeks. And now it's summer vacation. Or so people say. Architecture students don't have much free time.

I signed up for a workshop in Oguni with our lab. It was pretty fun. Everywhere you walk in that small town you can hear the sound of water, because the streets are lined with irrigation canals. It has a greenhouse where they grow strawberry and some other red berry. There's also an old sake brewery.

We had a barbecue in the evening, and when it got dark, we played with fireworks. After that we visited the public bath. My first time - はずかしいーー!But it's really nice to sit in a big hot bathtub.

We had breakfast the next day at a very cute cafe that sells natural apple juice. I believe they make it themselves. Everyone was oohing and aahing at the juice, but to me it felt very diluted with water. I guess not a lot of families here make their own juice :).
We ate lunch at a bar type establishment - so much food. Very good karaage. After the super huge lunch we went to play in the river with kids. So refreshing. But right at the end a local kid sprayed me with water. How dare he! So I jumped in and stole his water shooter. It was easy to operate, but I ended up spraying myself just as much as others.

Tomorrow we have an end of term party. And on the weekend I really want to go to the anime exhibition in one of the local museums. Can't really make plans further than that because of all the meetings and preparations: have to make a model on a Monday, Tuesday is for preparing for Open Campus that's on a Wednesday and a meeting after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment