Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Walking round

Yesterday the weather was nice, so we went for a walk. The general route was from Kamikumamoto station to Kumamoto station.

Every time we passed a bridge or a particular building, Shiv would badger me to take a photo. He wanted me to write more about what I saw, you see. I'm not really that into randomly taking photos though.

This is Tsuboigawa, I believe - one of the rivers here in Kumamoto. Or rather a river branch?



This, apparently, is an elementary school. Well, the entrance to it, maybe.

This is the actual school part of the building. Kinda cool.

Really old looking shop. It said something like 'Old artwork'. But not antiques. Go figure.

We saw quite a few temples on the way.


This building had solar panels on the roof. I'm starting to see more old buildings decked out like that. I think they should make roofs with a traditional shape, but completely out of solar panels. I think it would look good.

Name of the temple - さいこうじ (Saikouji) - meaning 'Best Temple'. Just kidding ^_^ it's probably something like 'Western light temple'.

Another one. Looks tidy.

Aaaaand another one.

It had a weird statue inside. A somewhat angry little dude.


By popular demand from Shiv. A road sign in Japanese and English. For some reason I can't seem to be able to rotate it.

Cute store front.


Just crossing the street.

The new walkway near Kumamoto station.


These stairs go down to the river, so you get a bit of waterside walkway. I think this is the first time I've seen one here. Usually, they're maintenance only and the walls are so high you can hardly see the channel's water.

This place looks very pretty at night.


And that concludes our walk. Somehow after this we got into an argument over something stupid. Maybe there's a time limit on us spending time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment