Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

Weekend trip

Last Saturday we went on a small trip to Aso. It was raining really hard in the morning, so I felt a bit reluctant to go at first. But it was pretty fun, so I'm glad I did.

Plan A was to go photograph もみじ (maple trees) if the weather was good, plan B was to go eat 馬肉 (horse meat). When I first came to Japan, I was against eating cute pony meat. But as it turned out, horse meat is delicious. Nowadays I'm totally fine with it.

This is the restaurant we went to. The view is just amazing.




Hot coal for barbecue. We were given strict instructions not to touch it.

Mmm, tasty.

Horse meat with onion.

Local specialty dishes. Green onions with a miso style topping, horse meat with onions and ginger, the yellow thing is a root vegetable with a wasabi-like filling, which was way too spicy for me

The place had 2 toilets - a small western style cubicle and this magnificent room. I felt too intimidated to use it :)





We dropped by a field with grass sculptures. You can see a train, a camel in the distance, and a weird Kumamon (I felt it looked more like a twisted Totoro, so we named him Totomon).

Made a cute friend.

The mountain is called 猫だけ - cat mountain.


More Nekodake.







Recently because of severe rainfall there were a lot of mudslides. We stopped at a bridge to see one of them. Obviously, a lot of it was cleared up already, but it's still a sad site.





We dropped by the water tunnel. Inside is 17C all year round. They are already putting up winter decorations.


Sparkly presents.

Scary fish.

Totoro and the cat bus. One of the cuter exhibits.



No comments:

Post a Comment