Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

galleries and glass caves

Last Sunday I wanted to go to Toto gallery and the bookshop. However, I didn't realise that it was closed on Sundays ad Mondays. So I ended up going to GA gallery instead.


The building itself was pretty cool. I wonder if those lines on the facade were done deliberately. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any photos inside. They had some posters from the magazine's entries and some actual models. I liked the cute stair-cafe project in Taiwan by Sou Fujimoto. (http://www.ga-ada.co.jp/english/ga_document/gad124.html)

I think I may have missed an additional exhibition in that place. I'm not sure but after looking at the photos there are 2 entrances. How tired was I to miss that?

I didn't know what to do after that so I just decided to walk to Harajuku.
It was full of people, but kind of boring.

When I turned the corner to go home, I stumbled on this. It's a small shopping mall with tents outside selling various brand stuff at just 1050 yen. Some of it is nice and some of it is only so-so. But the amount of small girls rummaging through the racks was overwhelming. And what the hell is that green thing?
The store itself was quite interesting. The last basement floor for example was dedicated solely to lolita fashion.

This is a shopping mall on the corner of Omotesando. I absolutely love the entrance - it's like entering a glass cave.

There wasn't much of interest inside. I basically went in to just take as many pictures of the entrance as I could. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment