Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

The longest day

I had decided during this internship to try and work the way Japanese people do - 12 hour-work days. However, I might leave Sunday off. I don't think I'd be able to do it mentally or physically.

Today, I spend the whole day on my feet. Standing, walking, squatting, dragging things, cutting things, gluing things, etc. It felt like the longest day ever. I had done similar things before my finals, but it's different when it's for myself. Anyway, today I finished the base for the competition project that some of the people in the office are participating in. Tomorrow I will make some basic volumes of surrounding houses. At least that doesn't require standing.

I am really happy I took my moccasins with me. If not for them, I would be in much more pain today. And possibly wouldn't be able to stay the whole 12 hours.

The cool shower after I came home felt so wonderful. I was so ecstatic and happy and grateful that I can finally sit down on a soft bed with a cushion and stretch my legs. It really puts things into perspective. However, I still feel it is absolutely unnecessary to spend 12 hours at work. 8 is more than enough. You can stay longer if there's a deadline or you simply wish so, but it should be an exception. I'd much rather work 4 more hours within the comfort of my home rather than in an office.

Have to sleep now  or I won't be able to wake up in the morning. Things I have to figure out - how to get money from my card (find an ATM with English), where to get an umbrella (didn't see any in nearby コンビニs).

Weird egg on a plinth on my way home o_0


No comments:

Post a Comment