Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

東京 - Tokyo

Today is my second day in Tokyo and the first day of my internship. I wore a suit ^_^ I really wanted to wear it, but there never seemed to be an occasion for it. I am happy now. Suits are surprisingly comfortable, except when you need to lean all the way across the table (which you shouldn't neet to usually). However, I might wear my comfy shoes tomorrow.


I spent yesterday running around Shibuya station trying to find a locker for my huge trunk. I ran around for an hour and a half - because, obviously, I got lost. Lucky for me I could get to my room earlier. After that I was running around buying things like pillows and blankets. I was dead tired and fell asleep by 10.

Today I was very fortunate to be able to sleep in. Thankfully, I know my navigation skills, so I went out half an hour early. This way I could find my workplace in about an hour :))))))))

I was given a relatively straightforward task for my first day - mainly making a sketch-style base for a competition project. The work day here is from 10 to 10 -_- But it's not scary coming back home at night as there are lots of people around at all hours and the streets are very well lit. Definitely different from Kumamoto.


Coming to Tokyo several times before I didn't particularly like the place. I am looking forward to see if I change my mind after living here for a month. There are certainly lots of pros to living here, but I'm still stuck in my provincial mentality.

Since I am staying at a share house, there are still a lot of things I need to buy and figure out - like food for lunch and dinner. For now I'll be settling for コンビニ food. This week I'll be trying to get into the swing of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment