Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Tokyo weekend trip 1

Going into the light, hehe.

Picture heavy post.

Since it was Sunday, I decided to use my chance and go look at some architecture. I thought looking around Tokyo station first would be good enough. On a whim I went to look at the castle first. But it was so hot, I didn't want to look for the entrance (if there was one). I should look it up properly and go there later.

Because it was sunny, shade from tall buildings was my best bet. I walked around a bit snapping pictures.

 Near the International forum there was some sort of flea market. It looked really fun.

I took a subway again to Ginza station. There are a lot of famous brand stores. It's always interesting to see if the store facade reflects the brand's image. Like the Chanel building, for instance, was black and white.
Part of Gap's facade and Hermes at the foreground. I just thought the composition with the tree in-between looked cute.
As the picture states :) 

I think that the wider streets give a better feeling when it comes to very tall buildings. It always feels so oppressive in the back streets with these giants looming over your head. It's all about proportion.
 Cute zipper building.
 I think I've seen many pictures of this storefront. The interior was nice but a lot less impressive.
I totally missed this building when I was on the other side. Such a shame! If I go to that area again, I will definitely check it out.
 Really cute police box. I have no idea of the purpose for such a structure other than it's cute.
Apple! It has a revolving sign on top. It kind of looks like a processor case. The top windows are totally USB ports.

So woosh-y. I love the design. I knew it was called De Beers, but only after looking it up when I got home did I realise it has nothing to do with beer and they actually sell jewelry. Well the first floor seemed to be selling clothes anyway.
 Woooooosh, like a ski jump.
 Right next to it is the 'cheese' building. Cool reflection, no?
 Cheeeeeese...
 Tokyo international forum atrium has a very nice relaxing feeling about it. The lattice work makes the light look so soft.

When I came to Omotesando there was a wedding ceremony going on. I have to say I have mixed feelings about weddings in Japan. I'm sure the people doing it are truly happy. Somehow to me, however, it's just seems so ridiculous.
 The dress was pretty awesome though. All sparkly train and stuff.
Haha, a golden dinosaur skeleton. When you go out it's always a 50-50 chance that you would meet a dinosaur. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment